What kind of stupid picture is that for a web site like 3GPP?
Experiments do not always work as planned. Sometimes you may invest a lot of time into a (sub)project only to get no, or only moderately interesting results. Such a (moderately) failed experiment is the topic of this week’s blog post.
Some time ago I wrote a CSV exporter for an application I was writing and, amongst the fields I needed to export, were floating point values. The application was developed under Visual Studio 2005 and I really didn’t like how VS2005’s printf function handled the formats for floats. To export values losslessly, that is, you could read back exactly what you wrote to file, I decided to use the "%e" format specifier for printf. Turned out that it was neither lossless nor minimal!